Since 2017 was such a big year for our community, and this is the week of giving thanks, we thought we would share some of the things we are thankful for.
- A River’s Rise: The Oklahoma River continues to be an unexpected gem in the heart of downtown.
- MAPS 3: The landmark initiative continues to make huge strides as we see more and more projects take shape.
- The citizens: This year the citizens of OKC approved a $1.2 billion infrastructure investment to improve their community.
- The Thunder: This year marks a decade of Thundering Up in OKC.
- Innovation: Oklahoma City took the first steps in creating an innovation district based on the results of a Brookings/Project for Public Spaces study on OKC.
- Beer: Recent changes in state law have resulted in an explosion of craft breweries in the metro.
- Live music: The opening of several new venues have brought the live music scene in Oklahoma City to another level.
- Tinker: This year marked the 75th anniversary of Tinker Air Force Base.