[Photo Credit: OKC Energy]
Crimson and Cream, Orange and Black, Blue and “Sunset” … no matter what color you pledge alliance to, it has been a year to be thankful for in the Sooner State (or Cowboy Nation). The football teams are making national waves, the Thunder just tipped off an exciting year and our local pro baseball and soccer teams got a taste of deep post-season runs. Check out some recent blog posts if you need a quick refresher on the joy (and sometimes agony) our local teams provide.
- Oklahoma City Thunder- Injuries derailed an exciting Thunder team last season but a new coach and healthy team (knocking on all the wood in the world) has this looking like a year we won’t soon forget.
- Oklahoma City Dodgers- The Dodgers wrapped up their inaugural season in OKC with a division title.
- Oklahoma City Energy- In just two short years OKC’s soccer team has already developed a rabid fan base. The fan base was rewarded with a great season as the Energy advanced to the Western Conference finals.
- Oklahoma City Blue- The Blue are starting their second season in Oklahoma City and the games are a great place to get a preview of future NBA talent.
- Oklahoma Sooners- The Sooners have one of the most storied football programs in the country and are looking to add to their impressive trophy case this season. The basketball team is also nationally ranked to start the season.
- Oklahoma State Cowboys- The Cowboys are in the winningest era in the program’s history. OSU will play OU this weekend with a potential conference championship on the line.
- Small-College Football- The Sooners and Cowboys are not the only local colleges who play big-time football.