Partying in the Plaza and Paseo. Singing in the Stockyards. Boogieing in Bricktown. You get the picture, in Oklahoma City we love our local districts. Ask a random stranger walking down the street and they will probably agree with us, local districts are something we should definitely be thankful for in OKC.
The local districts have done a great job of carving out unique niches with eyes towards the future while celebrating their history. Food, shopping, music and fun are great ways to sum up these Oklahoma City hotspots.
- Adventure District- A zoo, science museum, race track … yeah, this district is appropriately named.
- Asian District- Oklahoma City has a rich Asian heritage and it is on full display in this district. Of course you already knew that if you are a fan of Pho.
- Automobile Alley- Especially stunning this time of year with the fabulous light display.
- Boathouse District- Just when you think the river couldn’t get any better, it does.
- Bricktown- OKC’s original district success story.
- Deep Deuce- This district is bursting with history and is quickly becoming the hub for urban living.
- Film Row- An up-and-coming district that was once the center for film distribution in the region.
- Midtown- This district is a great microcosm of Oklahoma City’s modern-day renaissance.
- Paseo Art District- A hub of arts, history and great food.
- Plaza District- A great place to get funky with food, local shops and live entertainment.
- Stockyards City- Our city’s Western heritage come to life.
- Western Avenue- Trendy food and shopping in abundance can be found on Western.
- Uptown 23rd- Already home to some of OKC’s favorite restaurants this district is one to watch the next couple of years.