Dell EMC enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies.
Dell EMC Oklahoma City is extremely proud to be situated on the Oklahoma River and in the Oklahoma City community empowering customers across the globe. Since opening in 2004, Dell has made a major impact in Oklahoma City. In fact, a recent economic impact study revealed that Dell Technologies’ business in Oklahoma was more than $800 million, about 1% of Dell Technologies global revenue.* (*Source: IHS Markit). Dell EMC OKC also has a heart for volunteering and has been a force for change in the region. Over 80 percent of the Dell EMC OKC employees volunteer their time in the community at various organizations and partner charities, which equates to nearly 15,000 volunteer hours in the community at different charities.
- Dell was founded in 1984 in Austin, Texas by Michael Dell at the age of 19
- Dell went public five years later in 1988
- In 1992, Michael became the youngest CEO ever to earn a ranking on the Fortune 500.
- Dell opened operations in Oklahoma City in 2004 before moving to the current site on the Oklahoma River in 2005.
- Michael Dell took the company private in 2013 setting the stage for the largest technology deal in history with the combination of Dell, EMC and VMware in 2016. The deal forms, Dell Technologies which unites seven technology leaders – Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream and VMware into one company.