Given the current concerns and closures related to coronavirus, we encourage you to call ahead or check a venue’s social media before making plans.
You may be thinking, you’re crazy, TBL, it’s not even Spring Break! Yes, but nevertheless it’s not at all too early to start thinking about signing up your kids for camps – Spring Break camps, that is (and also summer camps, but you’ve got a little time there). If you’re working during Spring Break or just want to keep your kiddos’ minds occupied with something other than video games, Netflix and YouTube, consider the following options:
- OKC Parks & Recreation has tons of activities and opportunities, including fitness, outdoor adventures and skateboarding! Check out the page to look ahead to summer camps as well.
- The OKC Zoo has day camps with lots of educational opportunities, activities and fun for the entire week (note: as of the time of writing the Spring Break camps are sold out but you can still join a waitlist—and check out the info on summer camp opportunities!).
- Science Museum Oklahoma has three different camps for different age groups, but one thing they have in common is all manner of hands-on science-based fun.
- The National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum has a Spring Break sneak peek of their “Liichokoshkomo’” (a Chickasaw phrase for “Let’s play”) exhibit, a place for children and families to enjoy STEAM-related topics and play right in the Museum’s backyard, March 14 – 20, 2020.
- Get your kicks at Soccer City’s Spring Break camp for ages 4-15.
- Kids Spring Academy at Topgolf is a three-day camp to teach fundamentals, etiquette and a good time.
- Don’t let your kids throw away their shot at developing stage presence, as Lyric Theater’s Thelma Gaylord Academy will host their “Lin-Manuel Miranda Camp: Take 2” for ages 7-16 March 16-20.
- Oklahoma Children’s Theatre also has a Spring Break camp for ages 5-13, March 16-20 featuring a variety of different shows.
- OKC Thunder will hold camps in Bethany and Yukon during the break so check out what dates fit your schedule.
- It’s not a “camp” per se, but RIVERSPORT OKC will open land adventures, flatwater kayaking and SUP for the season March 14 and will be open daily the entire break, then weekends through April (whitewater rafting, kayaking and tubing will open in May).
Are we missing anything from this list that your kids will enjoy? Let us know in the comment box or via social media!