The holiday season is in full swing and one of the best ways to celebrate in Oklahoma City is during one of the many events scheduled as part of Downtown in December. Downtown in December, presented by Devon Energy Corporation, is a one-of-a-kind series of holiday events and attractions in the heart of Oklahoma City.
For 18 years, Downtown in December events have been spreading holiday cheer and making festive memories for the young and the young at heart! Whether you want to sip hot chocolate while doing your holiday shopping, challenge yourself in a fun 5K race or lace up your skates on the Devon Ice Rink, there are plenty of events from which to choose and, best of all, many of these events are free of charge!
Check out their website for a full list, but here are a few of our favorites:
- The Holiday Pop-Up Shops in Midtown: Visit more than 30 Oklahoma-owned shops that rotate weekly through a set of geodesic domes at NW 10th and Hudson. This cozy shopping experience is open each weekend, Thursday through Sunday.
- Free Weekend Streetcar Rides: It’s the OKC Streetcar’s first birthday and they are celebrating by offering complimentary streetcar fares on the weekends.
- SandRidge Santa Run: On Saturday, Dec. 14, you can prance your way to the finish line during the SandRidge Santa Run, which includes a 5K race and a one-mile fun run. If you need more incentives to dress like a jolly old elf, all registered 5K and 1-mile runners can participate in a costume contest following the race, where the first-place winner will take home $150!
- Saturdays with Santa: Come grab a photo with Santa, hear stories from Mrs. Claus, take a Polar Express train ride around Myriad Gardens and more during this special weekend event on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.
- A Dog Day in December: Bring the pups and enjoy a holiday-themed fundraiser on Thursday, from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Midtown Mutts Dog Park (407 W. Park Pl.), benefiting the Midtown Association. Dogs can take photos with Santa (printed on site) for a donation of $10 and enjoy complimentary “puppuccinos.”