If golf is your game, you’ve come to the right city. Oklahoma City has some wonderful golf courses for players of all skill levels and no membership is required. To be more specific, there are five public courses, with locations spread across the city.
- Earlywine- Located on 11600 S. Portland, Earlywine offers 2 courses that show off the natural landscape of Oklahoma City. Earlywine has plenty of water features which make for a great view but challenging round of golf.
- Lake Hefner- Right off scenic Lake Hefner, this golf course offers length and water hazards to challenge experienced golfers, but is also enjoyable for all skill levels.
- Lincoln Park- You’ll find two courses at Lincoln Park, both maintained at tournament conditions. Lincoln is located at 4001 NE Grand Ave.
- Trosper Park- An OKC favorite, Trosper is a heavily wooded, 6,660-yard layout located at 2301 SE 21st St.
- James E. Stewart- This course has been providing enjoyable golf in the heart of the city for generations. Located at 824 Fredrick Douglas Dr., James E. Stewart also partners with First Tee of Oklahoma City to introduce new generations to the sport of golf. It’s the closest course to downtown and was once the site of the Oklahoma State Fair.
In the next few years, Earlywine, Lake Hefner, and James E. Stewart will get new clubhouses, thanks to a $967 million bond package approved in 2017. Lincoln’s clubhouse is a destination for non-golf events, though it often is the site for college golf tournaments.