You don’t have to read our blog very long to figure out local districts are a big deal in Oklahoma City. Whether you are getting funky in the Plaza, living it up in Bricktown or getting adventurous in the Adventure District there is a corner of the city that is perfect for you.
We will be the first to admit that getting to know the districts in OKC can be a little overwhelming for newcomers. Getting to know your Midtowns from your Uptowns might take some time. Luckily that is why we are here. Over the next month or so we will be giving you in-depth looks at each district. Until then here is a quick snapshot of each district:
- Adventure District- the most aptly named district in OKC, home to the Oklahoma City Zoo, Remington Park, Science Museum Oklahoma, National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum and more.
- Asian District- a vibrant enclave of Asian culture in the heart of OKC. You’ll find some of the best Asian food in the region here.
- Automobile Alley- Just north of Downtown, this district used to be the primary location of the city’s car dealerships. Today it is home to local dining and shopping.
- Boathouse District- home to future Olympians, this district features stunning architecture and is an outdoorsmen’s dream.
- Bricktown- this former warehouse area is OKC’s prime entertainment district.
- Classen Curve- located in NW OKC this district features great shopping and dining.
- Deep Deuce- the center of urban living in OKC.
- Film Row- what was once home to the film distribution industry for the region is now one of the metro’s quickest developing districts.
- Midtown- the perfect mix of local retail and historic homes.
- Paseo Arts District- eclectic art and great restaurants are the name of the game for this district.
- Plaza District- the epicenter of funky local retail in OKC.
- Stockyards City- this district is a blast to the past and pays homage to the metro’s western heritage.
- Western Avenue- an eclectic mix of local restaurants and bars, retail shops and boutiques, antique and furniture stores and fine art galleries make up Western.
- Uptown 23rd- anchored by the historic Tower Theater, you'll find great locally-owned restaurants and bars, as well as fun boutiques