Every December, downtown Oklahoma City transforms into a winter wonderland. You might think we are being a tad hyperbolic but Downtown in December brings everything from ice skating to pop-up shops in central Oklahoma City. Here is a rundown of things to look forward this year:
- Quickly becoming everyone’s favorite Downtown in December event, the Devon Ice Rink is already open at the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
- Are you fan of holiday trees? Check out the fourth-annual Red Earth Treefest for a great look at Oklahoma’s native cultures.
- Speaking of trees, don’t miss the Bricktown Tree Lighting Festival.
- Automobile Alley’s annual Lights on Broadway is your chance to see the district’s breath-taking lights display for the first time this year. As an added bonus EMBARK will have a staged OKC Streetcar at the event so people can get a sneak peek of what to expect when it goes live later next month.
- Looking for that unique or quirky gift for someone who has it all? You can’t go wrong with the Holiday Pop-Up Shops.
- The Deluxe Winter Market is also a great place to do you holiday shopping.
- Starting Nov. 23, Lyric Theatre will be putting on their annual performance of their classic A Christmas Carol.
Shockingly enough this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Downtown in December. For a full list of activities visit their site.