Whether you’re commuting to work, meeting friends, running errands or just visiting, EMBARK buses have you covered with service to much of the Oklahoma City metro area. EMBARK won the 2016 Achievement Award for North America’s Outstanding Public Transit System. Each route’s hours of operation vary, but many popular routes run about every 30 minutes during weekdays and every 60 minutes on Saturday.
There are 23 interconnecting bus routes in the OKC metro area identifiable via a three digit route ID. For a full map of bus routes, visit this helpful PDF.
With the “EMBARK Connect” app, you will be able to quickly submit requests, report issues such as bus shelter graffiti, service issues, or ask a question. Users can simply open the app, select an issue, take a picture, and tap submit – the app knows the exact location and sends the issue directly to EMBARK staff. The app also allows you to track the status of your requests.
Here are some of EMBARK’s tips on How to Ride:
- Arrive at the stop at least 5 minutes early and wait at a stop where the operator can see you.
- Be ready to board with exact change or valid pass.
- Check the sign above the front window as the bus approaches to make sure it’s the line and destination you want.
- Signal the operator that you wish to board.
- Along the route, major stops and intersections will be announced. If you’re not familiar with the area, you can ask the operator to announce your destination.
- When you want to get off, pull the bell cord or push the plastic strip near the window to request the next stop.