The summer is a great time to catch a concert and with the opening of several new venues in Oklahoma City the past couple of years the live music scene in OKC has never bet hotter (pun absolutely intended). Here is a quick preview of some the concerts going down in June. Of course this is far from a complete listing. What show did we miss that you are excited about? Let us know in the comments or hit us up on Twitter or Facebook.
- Turnpike Troubadours- June 1 at the Criterion: You can’t go wrong anytime these Oklahoma legends swing through town.
- Horse Thief & John Calvin Abney- June 2 at the Tower Theatre: Horse Thief is one of OKC’s own and puts on a great show each time out.
- Big Head Todd and the Monsters- June 3 at the Jones Assembly: More than three decades since their formation, these Colorado rockers are still going strong and putting on killer live shows.
- Justin Townes Earle- June 4 at the Tower Theatre: This singer-songwriter has built a sizeable following over the years.
- Styx and Joan Jett- June 7 at the Chesapeake Energy Arena: Break out your favorite 80s attire as Styx and Joan Jett bring rock and roll to OKC.
- Yellow House Revisited- June 22 at the Tower Theatre: Jason Boland, Cody Canada and Mike McClure are legends of the local red dirt scene and their first performance at the Tower shouldn’t be missed.
- Ginuwine- June 22 at the Tower Theatre: One of the biggest R&B singers of the 90s rolls into town in late June.