Each year, we like to take a look back at some of our favorite posts of the past year. 2017 was a big year for our city and the groundwork was laid for several projects and initiatives that could shape our metro for decades to come.
- Tinker Turns 75- Tinker Air Force Base is a major driver of the OKC economy and this year it turned the big 7-5.
- Innovation District- Entrepreneurship has been in our city’s DNA since its founding in a single day. This year an effort in placemaking, centered around a proposed innovation district, took huge strides towards reality.
- Craft Beer Explosion- The craft beer scene in Oklahoma City has been on the rise for a while with some local breweries who have won big honors. However, recent efforts to modernize our state’s liquor laws have set the stage for local breweries to reach a whole new level.
- Various Venues- With the opening of several new venues, live music had a big year in OKC.
- Infrastructure Investment- This fall OKC residents voted yes on a landmark infrastructure package that will invest more than $1 billion in our roads, bridges and public safety.
- A River’s Rise- Check out our new storytelling feature on the rise of the Oklahoma River.