We aren’t going to lie, one of our favorite posts annually is talking about our favorites foods at the fair. The fair comes only once a year, so why not indulge in some deep-fried, chocolate-covered fair food to make your experience complete? Ranging from classic to crazy, here are five picks for the best food that the fair has to offer.
- Indian Tacos at Dan’s Indian Taco Stand. This stand is a state fair staple for delicious Indian tacos.
- Bacon Bloody Mary at The Roadhouse Concessions. A new item for 2013, try this take on a classic Bloody Mary if the midway leaves you feeling thirsty. Must be 21 to purchase.
- Root Beer. Ice cold, in a jug. What more do you need?
- Bacon-Wrapped Caramel Apple from Rodney and Lisa LTD, LLC. Is it a dessert? Is it a main course? Will you regret it the next day? We don’t know, but we still think you should give it a try anyway.
- Elvis S’more. Full disclosure we actually haven’t tried Elvis S’more before but we love the name. Plus s’mores are delicious so it can’t be bad. We would love s’more food like this (sorry we can never pass on a terrible pun).
If none of these treats tickle your fancy, check out the interactive food finder on the Oklahoma State Fair website to pinpoint exactly what your taste buds are craving.