It’s time to break out those carving skills because the holidays are nearly upon us. Great food, family, friends and a little football are pretty hard to beat. Of course the holiday season is not all about eating – it is also about giving thanks. We are thankful that we have so many great organizations in our community who are constantly working to make a difference. If you are looking for ways to get involved in OKC, but don’t know where to start, click here to find all the Chamber members that are nonprofits.
But we’ll give you some ideas here:
- Give a gift to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. Through Jan. 15, every gift received will be matched, dollar for dollar, up to $600,000 thanks to APMEX.com, the Cresap Family Foundation and Chesapeake Energy Corporation. You can also sign up your family to volunteer in Food Bank warehouse.
- Donate to Allied Arts to support more than 40 local arts organizations including the Lyric Theater, deadCenter film festival, the Oklahoma City Museum of Art as well as many more.
- Donate your time to Habitat for Humanity. Hands-on helpers are always needed to assist with new home construction, critical home repairs and at the Habitat ReStore.
- Buy something from the wish list of Infant Crisis Services, Inc., which provides formula, food, diapers and other needs to babies and toddlers in crisis.
- Donate your time or pet supplies to the Central Oklahoma Humane Society. This great nonprofit has found homes for more than 14,000 cats and dogs.