If you are new to our great state then you know how crazy we can get about our sports. Football is king and the Thunder have taken the state by storm (pun somewhat intended). What you might not know is that golf has a great tradition in the Sooner state. From affordable local courses, prestigious tracks that host major golf championships and a couple of the winningest college programs in college golf, Oklahoma is a golf lover’s dream. With more than 30 courses in the metro (and plenty of sun), hitting the links is pretty easy.
The City of Oklahoma owns and operates five courses throughout the metro that offer great golf on any budget. Be sure to bookmark www.okcgolf.com for all the info you need to know about city courses.
- Earlywine- Located on 11600 S. Portland, Earlywine offers 2 courses that show off the natural landscape of Oklahoma City. Earlywine has plenty of water features which make for a great view but challenging round of golf.
- Lake Hefner- Right off scenic Lake Hefner, this golf course offers length and water hazards to challenge experienced golfers but is also enjoyable for all skill levels.
- Lincoln Park- You’ll find two courses at Lincoln Park, both maintained at tournament conditions. Lincoln is located at 4001 NE Grand.
- Trosper Park- An OKC favorite, Trosper is a heavily wooded, 6,660-yard layout located at 2301 SE 21st St.
- James E. Stewart- This course has been providing enjoyable golf in the heart of the city for generations. Located at 824 Fredrick Douglas Dr., James E. Stewart also partners with First Tee of Oklahoma City to introduce new generations to the sport of golf.