While we love to talk about Paw Park and all the fun it provides for our furry friends, the metro is filled with great parks. Here are just a few that you should check out.
- In addition to the newly-renovated Myriad Gardens’ features for humans, the park also boasts an off-leash dog area so your pup can enjoy OKC’s finest as well.
- Bickham-Rudkin Park in Edmond has half an acre of off-the-leash fabulousness for Fido. Take the opportunity to upload a YouTube video of your dog doing the “Edmond Shake” after he or she avails him or herself of the park’s lake access.
- Ray Trent Park in Del City sports the awesomely-named Wiggly Field Dog Park. The park has equally awesome features, like agility equipment, fire hydrants (what a relief) and even lights for night use.
- Griffin Community Park in Norman has two acres of off-leash fun for pets as well as owners – the first few holes of the disc golf course are part of the dog area! A hole-in-one while your dog runs freely about? That’s enough to make you say, “Whoomp, there it is!”
- Midtown Mutts Dog Park is the newest dog park on the scene. Located in Midtown between NW 10th and 11th Streets and west of Hudson, the park is open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., giving you and Rover plenty of time for roaming.