[Photo courtesy of the Oklahoma State Fair]
From Sept. 11-21, State Fair Park in Oklahoma City will be bustling with the Oklahoma State Fair and all that it entails. An annual extravaganza stretching back 107 years, the Oklahoma State Fair offers a little something for everyone, from deep-fried culinary delights (sign us up!) to ice-dancing Disney princesses. Read on for our can’t-miss fair favorites.
- The City of AGtropolis – The Oklahoma State Fair has its roots in agriculture, and this hands-on learning experience presents Oklahoma’s agricultural history with interactive exhibits and demonstrations throughout the Oklahoma Expo Hall. This event is perfect for kids or adults formerly obsessed with the Little House on the Prairie series.
- Centennial Frontier Experience – In case you aren’t quite done celebrating the 125th anniversary of the Oklahoma Land Run, the Centennial Frontier Experience at 14 Flags Plaza will take you way back to Oklahoma’s Wild West days. Don’t miss two of the rootinest, tootinest western performers, Loop Rawlins and Lynn Payne, in the Wild West Showcase.
- Disney on Ice – Called “the ultimate celebration of celebrations,” Disney on Ice presents Let’s Celebrate! with its usual vibrancy and flair. Check out ticket prices and show times here.
- Free concerts on the Chickasaw Entertainment Stage – Gather smack-dab in the middle of the fairgrounds each evening to enjoy jazz, alt rock, country, oldies and even hick-hop (yes, that’s a thing).
- Fair food –You may already have your go-to favorite, but the roster of fair food has 20 new additions this year. Heads up – almost half of those foods include bacon as an ingredient. Start prepping your digestion now.