You want to know one of the best things about living in Greater Oklahoma City? It’s more than just Oklahoma City. Sure, we love everything Oklahoma City has to offer, but Greater Oklahoma City is, well, greater. When combined with all of the surrounding cities, there is so much to do and experience it would take a lifetime to do it all. So you better get started.
This week, we’re going to focus on one of OKC’s neighbors to the north – Guthrie. Guthrie just so happened to be Oklahoma’s first state capital (you can read more on that here) and it’s a pretty perfect place to spend a day (or more). So head north (a mere 35 minutes up I-35) and you’ll see what we’re talking about. Guthrie has a website full of suggestions for how to fill your time (and belly) while in Guthrie.
Here are just a few of the many options you will find.
- Enjoy a home-style breakfast at Katie’s Diner or grab some delicious donuts at Missy’s Donuts & Bakery.
- Find your inner musician at the Double Stop Fiddle Shop. We hear that Vince Gill has been known to pop in.
- Catch a show at the Pollard Theater.
- Get your caffeine fix at Hoboken Coffee Roasters.
- Going in the summer months? Don’t miss the chance for a good old-fashioned drive-in movie at Beacon Drive-In.