"What do you wanna do?"
"...I dunno. What do you wanna do?"
If you find yourself having a similar conversation this month, look no further than Downtown in December, presented by Devon, to spice up your holiday season. Whether you're old or young, a thrill seeker or a penny pincher, there’s a Downtown in December activity on the schedule guaranteed to make you smile.
Check it out:
- The Devon Ice Rink returns for its third season in the Myriad Botanical Gardens. Lace up your skates for another great winter of outdoor ice skating at Downtown in December's premier attraction.
- Devon’s Saturdays with Santa. Devon Energy invited Santa to OKC every Saturday in December. Kids of all ages will be welcomed to take free photos with Santa, write letters to the North Pole and enjoy holiday entertainment.
- Chesapeake Energy Snow Tubing. Cruise down one of the country’s largest manmade snow tubing slopes at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Admission is $10 for a 90-minute session of tubing fun.
- The SandRidge Santa Run will have guests prancing in the streets of downtown on Saturday, Dec. 14. The event includes a 5K race and a one-mile Fun Run, followed by a free Santa Claus Kid’s Dash.
- Free Water Taxi Rides. On designated evenings, all ages are welcome to enjoy a fun-filled float down the beautifully-adorned Bricktown canal free of charge. The OneMain Financial Bricktown Canal lights will make your trip a little bit brighter.
- On Saturday, Nov. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 1, the Deluxe Winter Market will offer an opportunity for guests to do their holiday shopping at more than 40 vendor booths.
- See the historic buildings of Automobile Alley in a whole new light at Automobile Alley Lights on Broadway. More than 180,000 colorful LED lights will drape the buildings along eight blocks of North Broadway, making for a magical holiday wonderland.
This is only the beginning! There are over 20 holiday events to choose from during Downtown in December. Click here for a full list of events and for more details.