Sure, the air is feeling quite brisk today, but one of the great things about Greater OKC is the plethora of warm days, even in winter. So while you may be bundled up indoors today, this time next week may bring about your desire to get out and enjoy some crisp air—and perhaps you’ll want to do that while giving your hound homie a chance to stretch his legs. Here’s a quick rundown of some great places to let your dogs roam free-ish.
- Paw Park on the southeast side of Lake Hefner is one of the South’s “Top 10 Dog Parks” according to Southern Living and has separate big/small dog play areas, water stations, benches, trees and other features sure to delight the little waggers. Weather-permitting, your furry friend might even want to take a quick swim in the duck pond.
- In addition to the newly-renovated Myriad Gardens’ features for humans, the park also boasts an off-leash dog area so your pup can enjoy OKC’s finest as well.
- Bickham-Rudkin Park in Edmond has half an acre of off-the-leash fabulousness for Fido.
- Ray Trent Park in Del City sports the awesomely-named Wiggly Field Dog Park. The park has equally awesome features, like agility equipment, fire hydrants and even lights for night use.
- Griffin Community Park in Norman has two acres of off-leash fun for pets as well as owners – the first few holes of the disc golf course are part of the dog area! A hole-in-one while your dog runs freely about? Everyone wins!
- Midtown Mutts Dog Park is the newest dog park on the scene. Located in Midtown between Northwest 10th and 11th Streets, the park is open daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., giving you and Rover plenty of time for roaming.