Around here, it’s not just a booty-rap staple or an awesome throw-back to the 90s! In OKC, there truly are plenty of places to let your dogs out.
- Paw Park on the southeast side of Lake Hefner is one of the South’s “Top 10 Dog Parks” according to Southern Living and has separate big/small dog play areas, water stations, benches, trees and other features sure to delight the little waggers. Let your dogs bark “when I dip, you dip, we dip” to each other as they go for a swim in the duck pond.
- In addition to the newly-renovated Myriad Gardens’ features for humans, the park also boasts an off-leash dog area so your pup can enjoy OKC’s finest as well, no diggity.
- Bickham-Rudkin Park in Edmond has half an acre of off-the-leash fabulousness for Fido. Take the opportunity to upload a YouTube video of your dog doing the “Edmond Shake” after he or she avails him or herself of the park’s lake access.
- Ray Trent Park in Del City sports the awesomely-named Wiggly Field Dog Park. The park has equally awesome features, like agility equipment, fire hydrants (what a relief) and even lights for night use.
- Griffin Community Park in Norman has two acres of off-leash fun for pets as well as owners – the first few holes of the disc golf course are part of the dog area! A hole-in-one while your dog runs freely about? That’s enough to make you say, “Whoomp, there it is!”