More than 70 years ago, Oklahomans from all walks of life in all 77 counties helped make the Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation a reality. As the state’s first independent medical research institute, OMRF offered the promise of new discoveries and the hope of longer, healthier lives for all.
From those grassroots beginnings, OMRF has flourished and today is recognized as a biomedical research thought leader in the U.S. and beyond. Using groundbreaking technologies and the latest equipment, researchers in our 50-plus laboratories focus on critical research areas such as cancer, diseases of aging, lupus and cardiovascular disease. The National Institutes of Health has designated OMRF as 1 of only 10 Autoimmunity Centers of Excellence in the U.S., and research in our labs has led to a pair of lifesaving drugs.
Solving challenging problems requires people who come at questions from a wide variety of angles, and our workforce bespeaks that diversity, with representatives from more than 30 countries. OMRF offers a robust scientific atmosphere with an array of benefits to help our employees maintain a healthy work-life balance. That combination has ranked OMRF among Oklahoma’s Top Workplaces every year since 2013.
At OMRF, we’re 450 purpose-driven individuals united by a single goal: Helping people live longer, healthier lives.
- OMRF discoveries have led to more than 1,800 patents.
- Our researchers have more than 125 active research grants, including collaborations with Stanford, Duke, Johns Hopkins, Yale, MIT and Harvard.
- Physicians at OMRF log more than 6,000 patient visits in OMRF’s multiple sclerosis and rheumatology clinics.
- Charity Navigator, the nation’s leading nonprofit evaluator, has awarded OMRF its four-star rating 16 times.
- 100 percent of donor gifts go directly to research.