One of the great things about living in Oklahoma City is the fact that living in the "suburbs" doesn't necessarily mean living out of the city. The city's large land area lends itself to all the best aspects of suburbia, while our low commute times and excellent traffic grid management make getting where you need to go easy. OKC makes it possible to get that suburban feel without being far from the action.
NICHOLS HILLS / VILLAGE / LAKESHORE (NEAR NW)
Situated in the northwest quadrant of Oklahoma City near scenic Lake Hefner, the enduring popularity of these neighborhoods surprises no one. A variety of residences can be found, ranging from 30s-platted mansions to 50s-built ranch-style to 70s-developed subdivisions with larger footage. Close to shopping and recreation and sporting easy interstate access, this area is an enclave for those desiring suburban living without the commute.
- Subdivisions / Cities: Nichols Hills, Lakeshore, Lansbrook, The Village, more
- Avg. distance from downtown: 14 min, 8.3 mi
- Avg. distance from Tinker AFB: 21 min, 15.8 mi
- Average home price: $364,000 (Nichols Hills), $109,800 (The Village)
- Avg square footage: 2637 (Nichols Hills), 1234 (The Village)
- School districts: Oklahoma City Public Schools, Putnam City Public Schools
- Community links: Nichols Hills, The Village
-price/ footage source: zillow.com
NW OKC / EDMOND
Recent construction and an upscale feel abound in this area, with typically larger square footage and well-manicured landscaping the norm. Some communities are gated and all offer outstanding neighborhood / community involvement. Good highway / turnpike access comes standard, as does excellent public schools!
- Subdivisions: Blue Stem, Warwick, Val Verde, Bocage, Summerfield, The Greens, Glen Eagles, Englewood Manor, Gaillardia, Oak Tree, Quail Creek, Silverhawk, Whitehall, Rose Creek, Oak Cliff Estates, Stone Creek Canyon, Highland Trails, Fairfax, Kingsbury Ridge, The Bluffs, Arbor Creek, La Sonata, The Grove South, Montague, Sonador, Heritage Oaks, many others.
- Avg. distance from downtown: 21 min, 15.2 mi
- Avg. distance from Tinker AFB: 27 min, 22.6 mi
- Average home price: $200,000
- Avg square footage: 2000
- School districts: Putnam City Public Schools, Edmond Public Schools, Deer Creek Public Schools
- Community links: Rose Creek, Warwick, Blue Stem, Val Verde, Bocage, Summerfield, Edmond, Deer Creek, Fairfax, Arbor Creek, Kingsbury Ridge, Heritage Oaks
-price/ footage source: zillow.com, realtor.com (select neighborhoods)
SOUTH METRO / MOORE / NORMAN
Southern Oklahoma City boasts more room, more new subdivisions, more new retail, more diversity, more value, and more excitement than ever before. Similar to its counterparts in the northwest, newer construction and larger floorplans come standard, as do excellent public schools and interstate access.
- Subdivisions: Pepperwell Oaks, Rivendell, Vinyard, Talavera, Brookhaven, Hallbrooke, Blue Creek, Classen Miller, Crossroads, Carrington Place, Summit Lakes, Eagles Cove, Lost Creek, The Willows, The Apples, Deerfield, Park Place, Eagle Cliff South, more
- Avg. distance from downtown: 24 min, 15.0 mi
- Avg. distance from Tinker AFB: 24 min, 14.7 mi
- Average home price: $250,000
- Avg square footage: 2500
- School districts: Western Heights Public Schools, Oklahoma City Public Schools, Mustang Public Schools, Moore Public Schools, Norman Public Schools
- Community links: Rivendell, Stone Meadows South, Castle Rock, Eagle Cliff
-price/ footage source: zillow.com, realtor.com (selected neighborhoods)